Friday, January 13, 2012

Beating the Exercise Boredom

I've always been a little envious of those who love to exercise or spend hours at the gym. I wished I could love it or "be into it".  I find exercise the most boring thing in the entire world and I HATE to be bored.  That being said I know exercise is a key ingredient to losing weight and it must become part of my new lifestyle.  The trick is to find things I like to do.

 I'm happy to report that I am starting to beat the exercise boredom and as scary as it is....I'm becoming an excercise nut.  It started off with the Black Eyed Peas Experience game for the X-Box Kinnect game system.  I love to dance (good exercise)  The Black Eyed Peas Experience is a super fun high energy dance game and a very good workout.  In fact I love doing this so much I'm going to soon be purchasing more dance games for the X-box.  Sometimes I get impatient having to wait for "my turn" on the big tv down stairs (there's that word impatient again...still learning the importance of patience) so instead of waiting, I have recently turned to the Eliptical Machine in the back basement (this machine has been sitting there unused for a very long time. It was the follow up equipment to the treadmill that turned into a clothes hanger).  Mr. Eliptical is my former arch enemy turned friend.  I hate to admit that I'm really enjoying a nightly workout with him. We started our relationship out at a quick 10 minutes and are now spending 30 minutes together nightly. Sometimes we'll watch a little tv during our workout and other times we'll listen to tunes on the Ipod. I'm even getting good at texting while working out - I'm a multi-tasker.  

Weatherwise we've been very lucky this winter so when the temp is just right I'll hit the bike path for a good long walk.

Contemplating a pool membership but not sure I want to spend the money yet.  I need to prove to myself that I am truly commited to my "free" exercise routine first.

So it is true there is an exercise for everyone and I'm very proud to say that it has become a part of my daily life.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!!!! Seriously my Gazelle became a catch-all for my clothes and then decieded to uncover it and use it for the reason I 1st bought it for! lol
    I would also LOVE a dance (Wii game is what I have) for exercise!!!

    ReplyDelete