Sunday, March 18, 2012

Weird Weight Loss Tips

Yesterday I came across an internet article....Weird Weight Loss Tips That Really Work.  So I said....WHY NOT?...  So it begins a series about these weird tips to see if they really do work.  It will be fun!  I will spend the next five days (Mon-Fri) trying the first one.

Here is the decription of the first one (lifted from the web)

Eat with your non-dominant hand.
One intriguing new study offers a simple antidote to the mindless munching that often accompanies watching movies or TV: Just switch hands—and you’ll eat less.
The researchers randomly handed moviegoers a bucket of fresh popcorn or “cold, wet, spongy week-old” popcorn. Those who said they usually ate popcorn at the movies shoveled down just as much whether the popcorn was fresh or stale. But in a separate experiment, the scientists found that when people were asked to eat with their non-dominant hand, they consumed 30 percent less.

Beginning tomorrow morning everything I eat will be with my left hand.  I have my doubts that this method work. If you are hungry you'll find a way to eat what's on your plate no matter which hand.  However, perhaps it will cause you to think about what you're eating since I think there will be somethings that will be uncomfortable to eat with your non-dominant hand.  We shall see. Stay tuned for the updates.

1 comment: