Saturday, March 3, 2012

Small Goals

Setting small goals seems to be working for me.  Makes it all seem so much more bearable.  The thing I've been doing is rewarding myself with some movie time.  I've got 7 pounds to go to make it to the 35 pound mark. So, when I reach that point it will be movie time.

I don't believe that I have told anyone how much weight I want to lose....it's a pretty big number...it's kind of scary to write it...but here goes....my ultimate goal is 100 pounds.  That's about a whole person.  Once I reach the 100 pounds I'll re-evaluate to see if I want to lose anymore.  I will have to see. It will depend on what I see in the dreaded mirror.  If I like what I see or not.  If I don't like what I see, I will determine what the next goal will be.

But getting back to small goals....being down 27 pounds means i'm 1/4 of the way there.

It's hard not to get caught up in the numbers.  For now that is the most tangible thing I have. 

It's harder for me to see the results than the rest of you.  But I see the numbers going down so that's a great thing.

Though I can no longer say that I don't see any results because I no longer need to unbutton my jeans to take them on and off.  I can just slide them up and down and that's a result I can see. 

However, I need to keep an eye on that jean situation....don't want to be walking down the street one day and have them just fall off. Well, that would be awesome but not in public. 

So 35 pounds here I come................

No comments:

Post a Comment