Sunday, March 18, 2012

The three mile walk

I went to my niece's birthday party this afternoon which was at my brothers house.  I don't to that side of the state often. So I decided to bring home dinner from Luigi's which is one of my favorite places that I just don't get to much.  Driving through the town of Johnston, I was reminded of how much walking I did as a teenager. Every Saturday morning I would get my allowance and meet my friend and we would walk miles to the record store and back home again.

It was such a beautiful day out today, I decided I'd go for a walk when I got home.  I had a goal in mind but didn't know if I would actually do it.  My goal was to walk from my house to Del's Lemonade.  Thinking of my teenage years, walking all around town, I wanted to do it again.

I hit the road with my Ipod. Thinking, maybe I'll walk there and then call someone for a ride home. I walked and walked, got to Tom's Market and said "maybe I'll stop here and turn back"  but then I thought well, that's silly, I can see Del's from here.  I made it to Del's and told myself that I would make it back, the same way I came. 

I had no idea how far I walked, I just know that I walked pretty far. When I got home I looked up the miles.  Round trip it was three miles.  Yay for me.....now the only thing that is telling me is I can totally do it and can push myself harder with the exercise. 

I wish I had time every day for a three mile walk. 

I got home in time for dinner and the funny thing is, after all that walking, I didn't even want to eat! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa!
    Jeff and I walk quite a bit and I have found that the more we walk, the more we want to!! We hike at the Cumberland Monastery and Lincoln Woods, and then just walk for distance in our town, and at the bike path. It's amazing how great you feel!! I keep track on my white board calendar by writing "walk" after we go so that I can try and beat how many times we walked the next week!

    ReplyDelete