Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Old me vs. New me

I was away in Boston for three days for a dance competition.  Had a fun, wild and crazy weekend.  My cousin made an interesting statement....she said to me "If this was a  year ago we would have eaten our way through Boston".  She's right except that in reality it really would have been only a few short months ago. 

The temptations were all around....Godiva Chocolate, Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, Cheesecake Factory.  The girls danced  until 10pm at night and didn't get to have their dinner until then. The old Lisa would have eaten dinner at 5 and again at 10 with the girls.

The new Lisa at 3 meals a day, when I needed a snack, got good for you snacks like cheese and fruit and crackers and nuts.  I shared meals with my cousin. We did go to Godiva to get our montlhy free piece of chocolate but that's all we had.  Prior to this journey I would have gotten my free piece and then some.  We went to Cheesecake factory for lunch, ate as healthy as possible and we shared a piece of cheesecake. 

I exercised, in the pool, in the gym, outside walking....that would have never happened before either. 

I went shopping, and I went up and down stairs, the old Lisa would have skipped certain stores because she was too lazy to have to walk up and down the stairs.

These are all huge accomplishements and I have to say I like this new girl.  I'm very proud of her.  So many changes in such a short time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment