Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Unthinkable

I have done it, the absolute unthinkable....while I was out doing errands I got a phone call from the only other person in the world that loves ice cream as much as I do....my daughter.  She wanted me to stop and get her some ice cream and bring it home.  My first thought was oh God, I've been avoiding ice cream shops like the plague.  I can't do it.  I can't order ice cream for her and none for me.  But just because I'm on a diet doesn't mean she has to suffer so I said yes I would get it for her.  As I was driving there many thoughts were going through my head.  Do I want ice cream?  Maybe?  I haven't had it in a very long time.  I am going for a walk when I get home.  I just ate dinner, I'm really not hungry.  It's kind of cold for ice cream.  Do I really want ice cream?  What am I thinking.  I really don't want the ice cream, I'm just nervous about ordering this and thinking I'll cave and get one for myself and eat it when I really don't want it and then have ice cream guilt.

  Yes, I really did think all these things.   As I pulled into Eskimo King I saw the unusual short line and thought about calling her and telling her the line was too long to wait.  I didn't.  I got out of the car, I ordered her ice cream and took it home to her.  I did the unthinkable, I ordered someone else an ice cream and got nothing for myself. 

I won't lie, I did have a taste of hers but that was very satisfying. I did not find myself wanting more.  I just thought about all the hard work I've accomplished to date and how I'm going to feel at the end of my journey. 

I made a concious decision to hold off on having ice cream until the heat of the summer when I will really enjoy it.  I have cooled down my relationship with ice cream, there are things that are more important to me. 

3 comments:

  1. You has a great blog. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

    Lets keep writing and share to us and other.

    Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much. I'm glad you are enjoying the blog. Keep reading and I will always post back a comment to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rio, where are you from? I'm very happy you found my blog. Please feel free to encourage your friends to check it out.

    ReplyDelete