Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Plate Watchers

There are are pros and cons to making my journey public.   The Pros are wonderful; the cheerleading from friends, the compliments, they really lift  you up.

 The cons, well let me just refer to the biggest con as "The Plate Watchers".  The Plate Watchers are people (people who shall not be named like Harry Potter's Lord Voldemort) who watch everything  you put on your plate.

 Let me give you an example. 

After a birthday celebration (at work) my friend asked me to bring him a piece of cake. I cut a nice big piece of cake and started walking down the hallway. The Plate Watcher says "don't eat that, that's not good for  you".  Now first of all I have not even discussed my journey with this particular Plate Watcher. Second of all this cake was not even for me so I would have really liked to throw the cake right in her face.

Now imagine this....you work super hard over the weekend to reach your goal.  Top it off with "that time of the month" and you are dying for chinese food.  So you get a plate, a smaller plate than normal. I measured the plates...yes, I did....my normal plate would have been 11 inches in diameter. This plate that I used was 9 inches in diameter.  I have some rice, some chow mein, 1 boneless rib, and a fried shrimp.  Much less than what I normally would have. I decide to have some more chow mein and I get the look from the Plate Watcher.  

 Well Mr. or Ms. Plate Watcher you go ahead, watch my plate all you want.  Give me "the look",  tell me I'm eating too much....I say this.....I am in control. I've lost 26 pounds.  I'm eating like a normal person. I know what I have to do.  Thank you for being concerned, I appreciate it.  But I am being accountable.  I get on that scale every morning and I'm ok...I can do this. I will do this and I will not fail. Failure is not part of the vocabulary any longer. 

My promise to  you is this.....If I feel out of control, If I feel like I'm falling off the wagon....I will ask you to watch my plate but until then go right ahead and watch....watch me win!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah? Well the next time Ms. Plate Watcher gives you "The Look"...I say give her "The FINGER"!!! ;)
    You give 'em hell girl!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, You made me laugh outloud. Girlfriend you are funny. I will remember that advice! LOL

      Delete