Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Inner Diva (bad dinner)

Was so looking forward to going to dinner tonight.  Was going to the Country Inn where I would get either scallops, baked stuffed shrimp or scrod. That's what was on my mind. When we got there I found out there was an hour wait. So off we went to DiParma. I like DiParma, I usually get Chicken Marsala and it's delicious. I wanted to get something different, I always order the same thing at the same restaurants.  I thought about the pan seared haddock and I thought about the ravioli with meatballs.  Since I'm struggling with two more pounds I decided to get the haddock figuring that would be the more healthy choice.  When it was put in front of me I had to hold back the Diva in me.  It was so not what I was hoping for, It was haddock over angel hair with some kind of sauce and artichokes and tomatoes.  I hate artichokes, tomatoes not on the top of my list and who wants their fish over spaghetti.  This just wasn't a dish for me. So now I'm totally frustrated and unsatisfied. There is nothing worse than dieting, looking forward to a nice meal and not getting what you want.  I'm moving on though. In the past I would keep looking for something to eat until I found that something that would satisfy me. (Usually I would be satisfied only after eating a bunch of stuff I didn't really want prior to finding the satisfying food).  After dinner I went to the mall to walk. I had every intention of doing 2 miles but the mall closes at 9 so I only got 1 mile in.  Better than nothing.  I think I will try to go back tomorrow and do 2 miles then.  I really need to wake up Monday morning and be able to move on to the next goal. I really don't want to have to beat up the scale again.

No comments:

Post a Comment