Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Chocolate

Friday night I was at Mohegan Sun for a concert.  Stuck to my plan of what I was going to eat for dinner but it's traditional for us to go to Godiva for a piece of chocolate.  If you have a golden Godiva rewards card you can get one piece of chocolate for free each month.  I decided to get my chocolate.  It was good. It was also good that I really didn't feel like I wanted another. One piece did the trick. 

Last night at work there was a big bowl of Dark Chocolate Kisses.  I love dark chocolate.  I was tempted. I could have just had one and I think I would have been ok. I wasn't sure though. I wasn't sure I could stop at one last night. Lucky for me I had brought a fruit cup with me.  That is what I had, fruit instead of chocolate.  

Of course I had to wonder...there was 70 calories in the fruit cup, how many calories in one hershey kiss.  Weighing the two options, I'm glad I chose the fruit over the candy.  It proves to me that your mind really can be retrained to make better decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment