Sunday, September 16, 2012

Phase Two

When I started this weight loss journey at 100 pounds to lose I never dreamed of all the things I would accomplish. What has helped keep me going is breaking that ultra large number into small attainable goals.  Now that 52 pounds have been lost (and never to be found again, like the city of Atlantis) I am moving into phase two.

Phase two is going to be much more difficult than phase one.  I am at the point where I have to now start really looking at what I eat and I also have to start adding some different kind of exercises to my routine. Up to now portion control was the key but to lose the remainder I must make some more adjustments, adding more fruits and veggies and cutting back on my beloved carbs.

I am also going to need take a look at my schedule week to week. I am a bit more stressed out than usual with a new school schedule for my High Schooler and the fact that she needs to be at dance 6 nights a week, this means more meals on the road or better planning. I myself will be taking some classes so I need to avoid the stress eating that has sabotaged me in the past. 

So careful thought and planning is what I need to get me through phase two. The plan is to hit that 100 pound mark and then take a look at where I'm at and see if I need and/or want to go for any more. If I decided to go any further than 100 it will be no more than 50.  We shall see at that point.

So, phase two here I come.

And WELCOME to my new reader from Vietnam!

No comments:

Post a Comment