Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Real Challenge Begins

Memorial Day Weekend is upon us. . . the unofficial start to summer.  This is where the real challenge is going to begin.  With a summer full of bbq's, traveling, parties and more, I am going to need to stay at the top of my game. 

As the weather heats up, I know the old excuse from the past will creep into my head...."It's too hot to walk".  So when that thought comes through this crazy twisted mind of mine I need to remember that early am and late pm are great times to walk when the weather is cooler.  No excuses.

Summer is a busy travel time for me...so the new plan is to only stay at hotels that have a fitness center (which most do) and to make sure that I find time in the day to exercise. Preferably in the morning so there is no excuse of being tired or saying I did a lot of walking today that will count.  No I must go that extra mile and continue with the regular exercise.

BBQ's and parties, there are plenty of them. . . lots of summer birthdays, I've been invited to many weddings, and of course different eating habits on vacation. . . I've seemed to have my eating habits in check but these events can still be scary especially being on vacation. On vacation you tend to fall out of habit.  My goal this year will be to come back from vacation and at least maintain, but I am aiming for a continued weight loss.

I remember one year I was doing pretty well on a diet. I went on vacation and all hell broke loose. . .the diet was out the window. I came home and vacation mode continued indefinately.   Well not this year.  I don't intend on even going into vacation mode.  As it gets closer I'll come up with a plan, research restaurants in the area and stick to it.

So I say. . . bring on the summer. . . I will conquer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment