Sunday, May 20, 2012

Felt like a Celebrity

I was at the grocery store Friday night when I was taken by surprise; someone I hadn't seen in a while came up behind me and said "hey beautiful". My first reaction was they couldn't possibly be talking to me. As I turned I was pleasantly surprised to see my friend Keri.  I hadn't seen  her in awhile and she made me feel like a celebrity as she took notice of how I've changed so far.  She said that everything about me has changed (in a good way of course) and how good I look.  Keri, thank you for that ego boost.  She also told me how much she enjoyed reading everything I'm writing on the blog.  I really appreciate that as this is a very important and personal project and journey.

With May more than half way over, I'm a bit disappointed that I haven't lost much more than I have this month but it was quite an accomplishment hitting the 40 pound mark.  I've really stepped up the exercise this week, and even went on a 2 hour walk last night.

My next goal is to lose 19 more by the end of July.  That will put me more than half way to my goal.

So I will keep on keeping . . . . I will keep my positive attitude knowing what I've already accomplished and also knowing that I will reach the goal there is no doubt about it.  How can I not with all of you believing in me the way you do. You may never know how much all of your support and encouragement means.  I'm not sure that I can find the words to tell you. 

All I know is that I am lucky to have some very special people in my life.  It has helped me make it this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment