Friday, May 11, 2012

Everything Changes

I never realized how losing weight makes everything in your life change. Of course there is the obvious the change in your physical appearance. This happens slowly over time but eventually you and everyone else start to see this. 

There are the mental changes, the way you feel about yourself, the more weight you lose the happier you are and it show's (I've actually been told that I've been glowing). 

Then there the things you can do that you never thought about before like bending down to pick up something up off the ground.  It was only a few weeks ago that I dropped something and bent down to pick it up and realized that I did that with such ease where as before the weight loss it was kind of awkward bending.

Losing weight has even affected that time of the month (sorry guys you can skip this paragraph, I know TMI..but it's part of the story). Gaining weight had caused me to have absolutely awful periods, heavy and long. Losing the weight makes the whole time of the month thing a breeze, they are now lighter and much shorter. 

I also find myself looking at food labels these days.  I never did that before, I never cared. But now when I'm trying to make a decision between two foods, I look to the labels to help make my decision.

I have more energy, though I've never had a shortage of energy...so God help you all when I reach my goal, I don't know if there will be any stopping me.  I just may be crazier than I am now.

And a more recent development, starting to like yourself in pictures.  For years, I would rather have taken pictures than be in them. Last week I went out with friends and took some pictures with them and thought, hmm not bad, last night was fooling around and took another picture that I can actually look at myself without cringing. 

I am seeing progress all around. 

2 comments:

  1. I think you're beautiful Lisa... lbs. never came into the picture when I looked at you. I am so very happy that you had a goal and are achieving that. I certainly can't believe you (and I) could get any more crazier than when we were last together! YIKES Bless our husbands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear friend! We sure can get crazy.

      Delete