Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Catching Up

Hi Ya'll!  It's been a bit since I've been able to blog.  Taking some time tonight to catch you up on what's been going on.

Total Weight Loss is 56lbs and holding. Weight is starting to come off much slower now but that's ok, as long as the numbers on the scale are not moving up we are doing just fine. Slow and steady wins the race.

I've been taking writing classes. I've finally decided what I want to be when I grow up and that is a writer.  Some of you know and many of you don't but I think now is a good time to tell everyone...I've started writing a book.  The book is about the struggles of being overweight and the journey to The Road To Thin.  The book will be complete when I reach my final goal.  That's all I'll say for now about that.

I am faithfully going to the gym and I love it!  I just get a kick out of saying "I'm headed to the gym"  Never in a million years did I think that would be me.  The weather is pretty crappy tonight and it would have been a great night to stay in but I still went to the gym. 

I survived Halloween!  I bought candy that I didn't like to give out to the trick or treaters and I have not raided my childrens bags.  I had two pieces of candy and called it a day. 

I had two awesome compliments tonight. My son gave me a hug and said to me "Mom, you're getting so skinny I can put my arms all the way around you now and I couldn't do that before."  I tell you, that sure made my night. I have always loved hugs but I love them so much more now because I can tell the difference when I get a hug, people really can reach all the way around and give a better hug.

The other really awesome thing that made my night was when my daughter told me tonight on the way home from dance that her friend saw me walk into the dance studio and said to her "is that  your mom?"  Lauren said yes and her friend said "she looks good".  First of all for my teenage daughter to share that information was huge and for her equally teenage friend to say that to her well, I'm so glad.  We all know the sense of pride we feel when someone randomly compliments the people we love.

Thanksgiving is in two weeks, I'm feeling pretty confident about how I will handle the holiday. 

These days if you are looking for me you can find me either at work, the dance studio, or the gym.

Have a great week!

Welcome to all my new readers, a special hello to the reader in Russia!

No comments:

Post a Comment