Monday, November 19, 2012

Hostess

I felt deep sadness and a little bit of guilt when I learned that Hostess was going out of business.  I was sad because Hostess was such a part of my childhood, Suzy Q's, Hostess Cupcakes, Twinkies, Snowballs, Ho Ho's, well, I just can't tell you how many times they served as breakfast for me when i was in High School.  There was a deep rooted attachment.

I felt guilt because all I could think of was now that I  no longer eat Hostess products, is it possible that I single handedly put them out of business? Was I responsible for all those people who will lose their jobs. 

Every time I see a girl that I think is way too thin I say to myself she needs to eat a twinkie.  Guess I'll have to come up with something new to say.

I went to the grocery store to buy a box of Twinkies, I was going to pass them out at Thanksgiving and they were all gone, a mad rush on Twinkies, who would have thought.

In all seriousness, I do hope that Hostess can work something out or be bought by another company who will keep the products we all grew up with alive for the next generation.

Remember eat your Hostess products in moderation.


No comments:

Post a Comment