Sunday, October 21, 2012

Personal Trainer

Today was an experience. As I posted yesterday, I finally joined a gym. With my membership I get a session with a Personal Trainer.  I met with my Trainer today, Steve.  Steve was awesome. He made me feel very comfortable.  We did baseline measurements and I'll be seeing him again in a month to check on my progress.  He gave me a work out plan for upper and lower body. We worked on things like gluts, triceps, biceps and more. All things I never cared to think about before; words that were never in my vocabulary until today.    I will be doing the workout program he "prescribed" and I can't wait to see how my body transforms.

It's a far cry from walking, this is definately the next level and I am pumped.

Welcome to my reader from France!

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, I picked up your card today @ 426 this morning. I have been reading your posts this Election Day morning and have felt inspired! After having my third child (SIX YEARS AGO!!) have been 55 pounds over my ideal weight. I have lost and gained 25 of them twice. I am back in the toilet and then decided it was time to turn myself around. But reading your blog has given me the inner strength to get serious!

    Your blog is so inspiring as I hear in your inner reflections my voice. Someone who finally needs love herself and reprioritize to get their self-esteem back - or from what I am reading from you and I see in myself - find that self esteem that they never really had and not feel guilty about finally having it.

    Just curious are you still off coffee? Did you give it up because of the cortisol (stress hormone) or because you wanted to cut back calories?

    Keep up the good work and I hope to bump into you at 426!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise! I'm so happy that you picked up my card and I'm even happier that I have inspired you. I have coffee about 3 times a week now. I cut it back due to calories. I would love to talk to you more. I'm actually writing a book and am getting ready to do some interviews with people who have gone through similar things that I have. send me and email if you'd like to meet up. Good luck to you. Please keep reading.

      Delete