Saturday, October 20, 2012

Food Dreams

I had the strangest dream last night. . . I dreamt that I was in Vienna Bakery (Vienna is a bakery the next town over from me, probably the best bakery here in the east bay but it does not rival the bakery's where I grew up).  Anyway, as I walked into the door I noticed they had the most beautiful Easter display with all kinds of beautifully decorated chocolate. There was a box of Ferro Roche Chocolate decorated in pinks and purples and yellow. 

Inside their glass case were things that I've never seen there before things like a macaroon bar (which looked like a magic cookie), some kind of blueberry cake thing, and these absolutely gorgeous cakes that were shaped and decorated to look like those Russian nesting dolls.

So why is it that I've come so far overcoming so many food obstacles only to have a dream about all this delicious goodness?  This I can't explain. I can only say that I'll be heading to the gym this morning and not to Vienna Bakery!

No comments:

Post a Comment