Monday, June 11, 2012

Persistance and the Pedometer

New England Weather is a pain in the ass. Beautiful one day, cold and rainy the next.  It's been very difficult to get into my walking routine thanks to Mother Nature.  I absolutely love to walk, I can change my my route at anytime. I can walk whenever it fits into my schedule. It's Free (though i'm sure at some point I will need to join a gym).  I actually get disappointed when I can't walk.

This weekend was absolutely beautiful. Thank you Mother Nature!  So I made sure that no matter what my days brought, I was going for my walk. I changed my route on both days this weekend just to mix it up a bit.  Saturday's walk was good but because I changed my route and part of my route included the bike path I had no way to track how many miles I did.

Sunday, I made it a priority to get a pedometer.  Changed up the route again, drove to the park and ride and picked up the bike path at a different spot walked 4 miles total. Very glad I have that pedometer now. 

My regular walk has been 3 miles so I was thrilled to have upped it a bit.

My persistance with the walking has paid off....I stepped onto the scale this morning and was hoping to see a pound gone...imaginge my surprise when it told me I lost 3 pounds!!!

Excited doesn't describe it.  That brings my total to 47 pounds.  Only 3 more to go to reach my half way mark.

Now to keep my fingers crossed that the weather stays consistent for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment