Monday, June 4, 2012

The GAP

It's the little things that excite me. It really doesn't take much to make me happy.  For instance on the way to the Brad Paisley Concert yesterday my cousin and I stopped at Wrentham Outlets.  It was then that I realized I forgot a jacket. I thought for a moment that maybe I would pick up a sweatshirt of some sort for the show as it was chilly out.  I thought again and said maybe it won't be so bad, but I figured it was better safe than sorry.  It felt like rain and being freezing at an outdoor concert surely would put a damper on the evening.  My cousin said where on earth do you think you're going to find a jacket this time of year.  I thought...The GAP...don't they always have hoodies?

Now I have to tell you the thought of walking into The GAP to buy a sweatshirt really frightened me.  I've never bought anything for myself at The GAP. I've never been able to fit into anything there.  As much as I've seen the numbers drop on the scale and I do see changes and yes, I've bought smaller clothes...I still look in the mirror and see what I used to look like. So just the thought of walking into a "normal" store makes my blood pressure go up.

I was brave, I went into that store went to the hoodie section and picked one up; put it up against me and saw that it would clearly fit.  I was so excited.  Remember, it is the little things that make me happy.

Original price was 40.00. It was on SALE!!!  I got it for 23.00. Do you know that I've never owned a hoodie of my very own? I could never fit in them properly. 

So, I bought my very own hoodie for a great price at a store that I never could shop in before. I was a happy, happy girl.  Turns out it was a good decision because it was very cold at the concert.  And the concert was most excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment