Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Theres always a tomorrow

Well, this past weekend was a total bust. Two and a half days of my life that I can't get back thanks to The Blizzard of 2013 otherwise known as Nemo.  By the way,  when has a snow storm ever had a name and what kind of name is Nemo anyway?  I think it's a pretty lame name for a snow storm.  I digress. 

Spending Friday evening into Sunday evening without heat and electric was not a good time.  Not being able to cook a decent filling meal, we spent the weekend snacking on anything and everything around.  Sometimes because of hunger but most times because of boredom.  Yes, I blew it....chips, M&M's and honestly, I can't even remember what else.  I ate whatever was around.  I did have a few bannana's that's good right?

The storm closed every store and business in the area but lucky for us we were able to find a pizza place open.  One Horse Saloon in Swansea.  Thank God!  I wanted real food.  We walked in to order and they started by saying they were out of Pizza.  A little comical but that's ok because we just wanted sandwiches.

I was never so happy to eat a sandwich in my life.  This past weekend I learned that I was born in the right era because I would never have made it in colonial times.  I also learned that in an emergency I would really have to learn how to ration my portions.  I should have only ate half a sandwich instead of the whole thing...just in case. I took my chances. 

It's a new day...we start over and get back on track.  Keep moving forward. As a good friend said to me...The good thing is there's always a tomorrow. 

The old me would have turned the weekend eating fest into a year long event.  Today I just start a new.  Here we go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment