Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Beautiful night for a walk

The last two evenings have been beautiful, in my opinion, for walking. I have walked 9 miles in 2 days. How about that?

I've been going about about 7ish right before it gets dark. I know some of my friends are a little concerned about me walking in the dark, but it's all good, I got my phone and I feel completely safe in my quaint, small town. I stay on the main roads. There are other people out and about walking, running, teens skateboarding.

I'm sure gonna miss the evening walks when winter hits. I have to find something else to do. Maybe join a gym or at the worst back to the eliptical. I love walking from my house "into town" to "main street USA" I love seeing all the people hanging at the coffee house, the people walking the bike path, kids riding their bikes to their friends house, people walking their dogs. I love walking down the street, passing strangers that say hello or give you a smile. It's just a good feeling, very Norman Rockwell. (Although I could have done without the old dude checking me out at the red light)

I come home from these walks refreshed, energized, destressed and inspired. I have time to think and come up with new and exciting ideas. Amazing what a little exercise can do.

In just about two weeks the kids will be back to school and that means the end of the summer. I will still have a few good months to keep on walking. I will get in every moment that I can and make it count.

I can't wait to see what next summer brings. It's sure to bring a new wardrobe, new bathing suit, and new exercise activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment