Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Resurrection of the Eliptical Machine

Some people LOVE to exercise for the pure joy of it. I'm not one of those people. I love to shop, I love to travel, I love so many other things in live but exercising is not a love. To me exercising is a chore, something I have to do.  I'm learning not to mind it.  I like to walk, I don't mind that, I don't mind going to the gym and getting on the treadmill and doing the weights, but I don't love it.


I just know to get where I want to be I have to do this. Sunday I met my cousins for the day to do baby stuff, we went and registered for my cousins bundle of joy, then went to dinner. Unfortunately I had a little more bread than I should have (gee, most people say they had a little more wine or something) the bread was so delicious, it was fresh and soft and had sesame seeds. YUM!


When I got home it was late. It was dark, snow on the ground, spots of black ice. I wanted to go for a walk but I knew it wasn't safe.  I had to do something.  The gym was closed. I had to work off this bread.  I have one more pound to go til I reach my 30 pound mark.


I knew I had no other choice...the darn boring as hell Eliptical Machine that I hate so much. I looms in the basement. It sits there just waiting, taunting me....I did it, I got on it, I just blasted my music and didn't thing about it.  I really hate that machine.


But you know what, not only did I get on it Sunday but I got on it Monday night and this morning too.  So I'm going to make it what gets me through the winter on the days I can't get to the gym and now with the snow on the ground I can't get outside to walk. As much as I don't like it, I'll use to get where I need to go.


It's been resurrected.  (for now)

No comments:

Post a Comment